Look What I found

neat stuff i found on my way to the internet

5:31 PM

I'll give you $1000 not to throw up

Posted by goldfixe

So, I'm sitting at work watching commercials on TV (it's not as awesome as it sounds) and I just saw a commercial for a new game show. I'm torn between wanting to watch it because it's gross and not wanting to watch it because it's gross. The internal struggle is almost unbearable.

The show airs on G4 on July 15 and is called Hurl! Hurl! is basically an eating contest and a not-throwing-up contest all conveniently rolled up into a 30-minute show. From what I gathered, those are the two basic parts. First: the eating. The only discernible food item I saw was a mountain of pot pies but there were other foods. Some were being ladled into mouths with others being drank. I imagine it's some type of time trial and whoever eats the most wins that portion but the most likely loses on the next portion: the spinning. After the "contestants" (read "idiots") have eaten their body weight in miscellaneous food items, they then get spun in a variety of spinny-things and I can only assume the last one to throw up wins. At first I thought maybe if you don't throw up you win but, lets face it, you can't eat 12 pot pies and not ralph. Even if you don't get spun around I'm pretty sure that's impossible. Also, to make sure the dizzied contestants stay "safe" (even though I'm pretty sure eating 20 pot pies is not considered safe) there are guys dressed in full hazmat gear: rubber suits and gas masks. I thought it was a nice touch.

In my family (my mom's side) when we get together we talk about all kinds of stuff. We realized a long time ago that there are always three running themes in our conversations: peeing, pooping and throwing up. So, now you see why I have this dilemma to watch or not to watch. I'm not squeamish and I really don't get nauseous real easy so I could definitely stomach the show (pun intended, i guess). It's just that i don't know how much would be enjoyable and how much would creep into being a little too much. It's a fine line when your televising gratuitous amounts of eating and vomit.

So, set you your DVR's for Hurl! on July 15th! You may also want to keep a bucket nearby just in case (especially if you have pot pies for dinner that night).

You can see the same commercial I saw right here: HURL!


0 people actually read this blog: